CASE STUDY 1 Investment Bank > Treasury Sales > Germany
TreasuryView™ was implemented by a Tier 1 investment bank seeking to increase treasury sales revenues and margins.
- P&L pressure due to lower hedging volumes and less complex solutions.
- Complex client portfolios (120+ loans and derivatives) with fixed rate loans locked-in at high rates and negative MtM on vanilla and structured derivatives.
- Time required to analyze complex portfolios and ever changing markets.
- Time required to structure and price a hedging solution.
- Barrier to sale arising from client’s ability to understand solution.
- Customized analytic built to transform existing portfolio and future borrowing commitments into a single Portfolio Swap (payout matching portfolio cash flows 1:1).
- Client portfolio uploaded and analyzed in hours rather than weeks.
- Ability to create and price complex Portfolio Swap in seconds.
- Customized reports showing the before and after effect exported to branded pitchbook.
- Bank traded a EUR 400m, 25yr Portfolio Swap with a public sector client.
- Additional seven figure revenues generated from advisory fees and execution margin.
- Significant process efficiencies from the automation of complex analysis and solution development.
- Fast sales cycle by making it easier for the client to quantify and validate the solution.
- Stronger relationship by reducing client’s effective rate and simplifying their financial risk management.
CASE STUDY 2 Advisor > Risk Advisory > UK
TreasuryView™ was implemented by a leading Treasury & Capital Markets advisor seeking to increase client retention.
- Increased competition from Banks and new advisory firms.
- Lack of Balance Sheet to lock-in client with
- Time required to analyze client portfolios and quantify alternative solutions.
- Operational risk arising from reliance on Excel.
- Clients demanding new solutions to meet their own regulatory changes.
- Client Dashboard created with customized analytics, market scenarios and reports.
- White labelled log-in page, system and instruction manual.
- Near-time reporting of portfolios and market rates for clients.
- Real-time client collaboration and interactive pitches for advisor.
- Advisor issues client log-in’s and manages service queries.
- Increased exit barriers by creating a common platform and brand reinforcement.
- Deeper client insights from increased data flow and collaboration.
- Increased client retention from delivering optimal solutions in a timely manner.
- Process efficiencies through automation of client reporting and the sales process.
- Basis of new revenue streams created for future.